Richard Antinucci is no stranger to the world of motorsports. As a member of a racing family that is steeped in success and tradition, his uncle is Indianapolis 500 winner Eddie Cheever, Richard has been in and around the sport since he was eight. A true competitor, Richard has raced in 3 continents and in several top‐flight championships, including Formula Renault 2000, F3 and — since 2007 — US open‐wheel. Through his ascension in open‐wheel racing, Richard has faced the best (Lewis Hamilton, Nelson Piquet, Kazuki Nakajima) and succeeded.
While craving the opportunity to pilot a race car, Richard has always been keenly aware of the value of education and graduated in June 1999 with an International Baccalaureate. Born and raised in America, Richard is proud of his American and Italian heritage. He is based in San Diego while he travels the globe for work.
- In 2010, Richard was called by Audi Sport Italia to replace legendary 4x Le Mans winner, Dindo Capello for 3 consecutive rounds.He achieved 5 podiums out of 6 starts for the squad. This further strengthened his current position with his present employer, Lamborghini.
- In 2009, Richard made his Indy Car Series debut and posted the team’s best qualifying results of the season and top‐ten lap times in two races.
- In 2008, Richard was the runner‐up for the Firestone Indy Lights championship. During his 2008 Firestone Indy Lights campaign, Richard collected 2 wins, 9 top‐five and 11 top‐ten finishes.
- Competed in nine Indy Pro Series events in 2007, collecting two wins. Richard also made his Grand‐Am Rolex debut at Miller Motorsports Park and posted the fastest lap of the event.
- In 2006, Richard drove in the Formula 3 Euroseries, finishing fifth in the championship with 2 victories, 2 second and 1 third place finishes.
- During 2004, Richard finished fourth in the All‐Japan Formula 3 Championship with 1 victory and 12 podium finishes.
- In 2003, he earned the Formula 3 FIA Intercontinental Cup Champion title, and collected a win at Changwon, Korea street circuit.
Richard is now an official Lamborghini racing driver and driving instructor.